Specialist insurance solutions for Health Professionals

Specialist PI Insurance for Smart Health Professionals

Quote in under 60 seconds!

As a First Aid Trainer, your role includes training the next generations of people who are qualified and able to deal with emergency medical situations. This unfortunately means that you could be found liable in any case of any incorrect teaching or delivery of misinformation. Our Comprehensive, tailored Professional Indemnity Insurance policy protects you against claims made against you by paying damages and legal costs in defending a claim.

Why do I need Professional Indemnity as a First Aid Trainer?

Even though you operate in a training capacity, you may also have a personal exposure for the training and accreditation you provide and/or supervise. Many first aid trainers do not realise that even in full employment situations, they may not be fully covered by their employer’s insurance policy. Additionally, sole traders or contractors may not have any cover at all.

If you are an employee, your employer should have a policy for ‘vicarious liability’ which covers them for any claims arising out of your acts or omissions.

Unfortunately, this does not mean that you do not have a personal liability as well. In a claims situation, the claimant may seek compensation from both the employer AND the trainer responsible.

It is also important to remember that the cover on this type of insurance policy can vary greatly depending on the employer’s chosen provider. You may not be given enough protection and may not receive independent representation. Our Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers product enables you to have that independent representation, plus much more.

Why should I get Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers?

As a First Aid Trainer, holding your own indemnity policy is the best way to ensure you are fully covered. Having your own policy also means you will be covered if you choose to move to a different employer, RTO or Contract. Remember too, you will need to let your insurer know first that you have changed jobs, or if your duties have changed; but it is far easier for you to update your insurer then check and double check your employment contract every time you change RTOs or contracts.

If you are a sole trader or contractor and not an employee ie: a sub-contractor or consultant, you need to have your own insurance. A professional indemnity policy is a must-have cover that forms part of a suite of insurances that you should hold as a sole-trader or business operator. Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers should be the first product you decide upon.

What does Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers cover?

The policy will cover you (the insured) for civil liability claims made against you for compensation, claimant costs and expenses resulting from your professional services (ie: the provision of training and education, as well as issuing qualifications). The policy also covers the legal costs for your defence at a hearing, coronial investigaiton or enquiry – this cover is limited to $100,000.

This policy will not pay for any penalty or fine imposed on you as a result of the hearing or enquiry.

Who can we provide cover for?

  • First Aid Trainers

Superior cover, affordable cost: Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers

We understand that to ensure peace of mind, health professionals need quality cover at an affordable rate. That is why our Professional Indemnity for First Aid Trainers policy includes cover for:

  • Public Liability INCLUDED
  • Compensation for court attendance
  • Continuous cover
  • Extended reporting period
  • Good samaritan acts
  • $100,000 enquiry costs
  • Joint venture liability
  • Legal consultation
  • $250,000 lost documents
  • $25,000 public relations expenses
  • Run-Off cover
  • Spousal liability
  • $250,000 statutory liability