1. What does your policy cover me for?
- Civil Liability losses in relation to your Healthcare Services
- Public Liability Cover for up to $10,000,000 (where applicable) – higher limits available on request
- and many other features; please refer to the product page
2. How does the application process work?
Select your categories of practice from the list, and enter the percentage of your income derived for each of them. Enter in the state you practice in. If you work in multiple states, you must provide the approximate percentage of work done in each state (different states have different stamp duty charges). Click “Get Quote”.
Once you have your quoted premium, click “Accept Quote” to proceed with the purchase of the policy.
You will then be asked to enter your personal details, select the date you wish to have the policy commence, and answer the questions on this page. Click “Continue”.
Answer the questions relating to “Your Activities”, “Insurance History” and “Claims Experience”. You may need to provide further details depending on your answers. Click “Continue”.
If your policy has been flagged for “Referral” please see FAQ #3.
Complete the declaration and select your payment method: “Pay Annual Premium by Credit Card” or “Pay by the Month Option”.
Complete the payment and you will immediately receive a Certificate of Currency. A Tax Invoice will be issued the following business day.
3. My Policy has been flagged for referral, What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by one of our underwriters within 24 hours, or by the next business day. You may also receive a call to discuss your application.
You will receive an email advising if your policy has been “Authorised” or “Declined”. If your policy is declined we will call to discuss why.
If your application is Authorised, click on the link in the email to resume your transaction – Refer back to FAQ #2 for the final steps (last two dot points).
4. Is the quoted premium annual or monthly?
The premiums quoted are annual; for 12 months of cover.
5. How do I pay for my policy and are there any fees?
- By Credit card for Annual Payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club) A Credit Card Surcharge of 1.5% for Visa and MasterCard, 3.3% for Amex, 3.77% for Diners applies.
- Monthly Direct Debit – Arranged via our preferred Premium Funding provider. Setup fees and interest charges may apply, contact us for more information on what these charges may be.
6. How is my policy renewed and how do you contact me?
Policy Renewal is offered via email – you will receive an email from us 4 weeks, 2 weeks and the week before your expiry date. Please check your junk/spam periodically around the time your policy is due to renew.
You need to keep us up to date with any email address changes, otherwise you will not receive your renewal offer and cover may lapse.
Once you have received the renewal email, click on the link to process your renewal. You will need to confirm your current category of practice, if you have changed or have additional categories, enter the relevant details. All other details are pre-populated and need to be reconfirmed.
Our preferred method of contact is via email however you are able to call us during business hours on 07 3426 0440.
7. My occupation is not on the list, what should I do?
If you specialise or undertake additional activities in an area of your Allied Health practice; select the category appropriate to your qualifications or experience, and advise us in “Your Activities – Question c)” during the application process.
Your policy will be referred to us for review.
If your occupation is not on the list or you are unsure which category to select please call us on 07 3426 0440 during business hours to discuss.
8. Who do I call if I have any questions?
You can contact our HPI Online Team via 07 3426 0440 during business hours.
9. Who am I insured with?
Our policies security is provided by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859 trading as Vero Insurance and is Administered by Medisure Indemnity Australia Pty Ltd trading as Health Professionals Insurance.
10. I need $20M Professional Indemnity or $20M Public Liability Cover for my category, how do I arrange this?
Email us at email@example.com with your name, phone number, category and limit required or call our underwriters on 07 3426 0440 to have a quote arranged.
11. What should be notified to us and How do I lodge my notification?
The following scenarios are examples of times in which a you should contact us. Please be advised that this list is not exhaustive, and you should contact us if you are unsure;
- You have received a Complaint in writing from one of your patients.
- You have received a Complaint in writing from AHPRA or relevant investigative commission.
- You have a client whom you have been treating and has verbally stated their intent to make a complaint against you.
- You have received a letter from Medicare naming you in a audit.
- You have injured a patient whilst undertaking your healthcare services.
- Anything you think could give rise to a civil claim against you should be reported.
Claims can be reported by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07 3426 0440.
12. I need to make a change to my policy, how do I do it?
Email us at email@example.com with the changes you require, or call us on 07 3426 0440.